OK, cards on the table time. Here's what I've heard.
- The asking price has dropped to £25m.
- The Trustees are utterly disinterested and are now eager sellers.
- There have been a number of expressions of interest, but the management team carry on regardless.
- The management team all believe new external investment is essential.
- The most interested party was not from Dubai, but Abu Dhabi. They have a long term philosophy of developing a club based on a core of experienced players, but also nurturing young players who could be sold on at a good profit.
- These potential buyers came to meet the players in Dubai when they went for warm weather training in February.
There is a bizarre thread on the Lancashire Telegraph messageboard referring to a plan to get 100 people to stump up £500K each. I'm sorry, I think I'm reasonably well connected amongst well-heeled Rovers fans and I can say with some certainty that is an absolute non-starter.