I've been sniffing around the dark recesses of the Rovers fans messageboard and discovered some gems about the search for a new manager.
* "Ronnie Claytons son works with my mates mum and from a close source within rovers alan shearer is at brockhall today holding talks over the managers job!"
* "Mate of mine with family in Blackpool said they spoke with Colin Hendry in a pub in Lytham last night and he said from what he's heard the job is Shearer's if he wants it."
* "Candidate B is a manager not from England that has Premier experiance, Mr Nicko is unable to mention the name at this time."
* John Williams is in London today.
* Mike Newell and Alan Shearer dream ticket with Kenny Dalglish as director of football.
* Tony Parkes and Simon Grayson from Blackpool
* Didier Descamps, David Ginola, Denis Bergkamp, blah di blah.
* I've also tried to get my head around the odds on Betfair, here, which seem to show the price on Shearer collapsing.