In the manner of many papers and bloggers here are some relevant hopes for 2008.
- The economy will stutter a bit, but won't crash and burn the way a lot of pundits are saying. In this neck of the woods a correction to overheating property prices and spiraling costs will be welcomed.
- The government will stumble from one crisis to another and Alistair Darling won't be in office by the party conference season.
- Liverpool will deliver a great Capital of Culture year in 2008.
- Blackburn Rovers will finish 6th and scrape into Europe and get to the FA Cup final.
- The old supermarket site in Marple will be turned into a farmer's market with a banking desk, deli and community noticeboard and drop-in centre.
- This blog will get more focused. More stuff about where we live, what we've been doing and return to the discipline of a Friday list and a regular book review.